Three phase transformers are one of the most commonly used transformers in electrical power systems, which can help to generate, transmit, and distribute power. They can either increase or decrease the voltages in three phase systems, depending upon whether they are step-up or step-down transformers. There are a number of transformer manufacturers in India today who ensure to build perfect power transformers in India that are high on quality for large power distribution capabilities. So, should you or not opt for using three phase transformers?
Three phase transformers have a number of benefits over single phase transformers, some of which are listed below.
- Three phase transformers are smaller and lighter than single phase transformers, thus occupying lesser weight and making it easy to install them.
- Three phase transformers are cheaper than single phase transformers, as the single three phase transformer possesses a low cost as compared to three units of single phase transformers.
- Three phase transformers are extremely easy to assemble and install in the least possible time. This is because these transformers are already wires and ready to install, making the process absolutely quick and easy.
- Three phase transformers perform their functions more efficiently than single phase transformers, and deliver more power too.
- Three phase transformers have least amount of material in the core as compared to a bank of three single phase transformers. This makes transportation easy and also reduces the costs involved.
Every good thing comes with certain drawbacks, and so do three phase transformers.
- The individual cost of standby units in a three phase transformer is high.
- A fault in one phase of a three phase transformer transfers the fault to the other two phases too, resulting in the need of replacing the entire unit.
- With a common core being shared by all three units, a single defect or damage means shutting down of the entire system to make repairs.
- The cost involved with repairing a three phase transformer is high as changing each individual component is expensive.
- Because three phase transformers are self-cooled, their capacity is also simultaneously reduced.
With all the above pros and cons defined, what do you think about whether you should be using three phase transformers or not? Well, if you ask us, large power distribution networks should always rely upon three phase transformers. The benefits of these transformers definitely outweigh the drawbacks! However, no matter what kind of power transformers in India you want to purchase – single phase or three phase – you can get them all at Miracle Electronics, the leading manufacturer of power transformers in the country. Here, you can get the best quality power transformers along with other inclusions like wires, cables, sleeves, connectors, L clamps, U brackets, cores, thermal fuse, thermal switch, insulation, and a lot more. Moreover, the power transformers available here are all RoHS and REACH compliant, proving the high quality and reliability. You can also have your power transformers customized as per your requirements.