Transformers are used to increase or decrease the voltage and current as required to suit a particular application’s requirement. Because the process involves the flow of electricity, it is very important that you stay safe while dealing with them. Any kind of unsafe action may lead to leakage of electric current, which may result in shocks, appliance damage, and other hazardous results. This is why it is very important to stay alert and protected while using any kind of power transformers in India. Here are certain tips and guidelines, which if followed, can eliminate possible burns, fires, and other accidents.
- In the presence of any flammable fumes, explosives, excessive heat, surplus moisture, and too much dust, avoid installing your transformer. And, if required, only allow qualified professionals to do so. Also, speak to them to sign up for all your maintenance operations for the future.
- Before installing your transformer, ensure that it is in proper condition. Check for any visible physical damages, deformities, or missing parts. But, when you get your power transformers in India from Miracle Electronics, you needn’t worry about all this because this is where transformers are properly checked and inspected before being delivered to the clients. Also, you wouldn’t have to worry about the quality of the transformers as they are all RoHS and REACH compliant, and are also available with CE and UL marks on request.
- Ensure that the power switch is in the OFF position before plugging in the power cord to the power source.
- Make sure that all the wires, cords, and plugs used are of good quality and are in good condition. Do not operate the transformers with any kind of damaged cords or plugs at any cost!
- If you need to store your transformer for a while before installing, make sure to store it in a dry place that is free of moisture, dust, and humidity. Also, keep it in its original packaging only.
- Do not dissemble the transformer on your own. In case of any damage or other issues, have a professional check and repair it. Any kind of improper disassembling and servicing can increase the chances of electrical shock and other dangerous hazards.
- If you want to clean the transformer, make sure to disconnect it from all the electrical outlets first. Then, let the unit cool down to room temperature before performing any cleaning activity. Also, always remember to use a soft clean cloth to clean the transformer, and avoid using any abrasive or harsh industrial cleaning agents.
- Inform the workers in your working facility about all the standards and safety procedures to be followed regarding the transformer; especially those who are involved with the installation, operation, and maintenance of the transformer. This will keep them safe and protected while working with the transformers, while eliminating the risk of shocks, burns, injuries, or any other hazards.
With all these tips followed, you will always have a safe installing, using, and repairing of transformers. So, make sure to keep these tips in mind at all times.