Wire harnesses are assemblies of electrical cables that transmit signals in electrical applications. They are a bundle of loose wires grouped together into a single covering for a more organized system. Such wire harnesses are used in various industries, with the automotive industry being one of the largest consumers.
Automotive wire harnesses use a wide variety of wire harnesses for the best possible performance. These harnesses combine wiring of different electrical and electronic devices into a single system. Therefore, they aid in signal transmission and powering up of different electronic and electrical devices. They are also use to set up electrical circuits in automobiles, and are designed to operate in extreme conditions effectively.
Applications of automotive wire harnesses
Automotive wire harnesses are used in two wheelers, three wheelers, cars, utility vehicles, and commercial vehicles. Harnesses are designed as per the electrical and geometrical requirements of automobiles, and are embedded in the body, engine, and chassis of vehicles. Body wiring harnesses are embedded into dashboards, door locks, power windows, and interior electrical components. Engine wiring harnesses embed into speed sensors, lock breaking systems, cruise control systems, and fuel injection systems. Chassis wiring comprise of the front, rear and main harnesses.
Benefits of automotive wire harnesses
Automotive wire harnesses provide several benefits to those using these devices in their automobiles. Some of the main benefits include –
- Reduced installation time – Imagine installing multiple wires into your system. And then, consider installing only a single unit that combines multiple wires. It is obvious that installing a single unit is very fast as compared to multiple units. Moreover, this also reduces the risks of incorrect wiring possibilities.
- Reduced risk of shorting – The wire harnesses combine multiple wires into non-flexible bundles, thus making it safer as compared to loose wires, and minimizing the risk of shorts in electrical circuits.
- Great performance in harsh conditions – Automotive wiring harnesses are made from durable materials, thus making the harness durable too. They are designed in a way that these bundles can perform extremely well under harsh conditions and can also carry heavy power loads.
- Improved fuel efficiency – Wiring harnesses play a major role in improving fuel efficiency of any and every vehicle.
- Performance in hybrid cars – Hybrid cars being highly in demand, automotive wire harnesses are the best options as they provide excellent performance in harsh environments too. This means that these harnesses can transmit high currents in even in extreme conditions, thus being able to handle electrical loads, and resist high heat and electromagnetic noise.
Miracle Electronics is a leading and renowned automotive wire harness manufacturer in India who can provide you with customized harnesses that can be specially designed to meet your individual specifications and requirements. So, whatever diverse and complex requirements you may have, go no further than Miracle Electronics! You will also stay assured and relaxed after purchasing our wire harnesses because all our products are tested for dimension, weight, continuity, and pull tests for verifying the production process.