Isolation transformers, like every other kind of transformer, is used to transfer electric power from an alternating current power source to a device, with the difference being that in this case, the powered-up device will be isolated from the power source for safety reasons. With this setup, not only is the device kept safe, but the operators assigned to handle and manage the operations are also protected against possible accidents and hazards. The main principle on which isolation transformers work is isolating the various sections of electrical systems in order to halt the flow of current, with no direct path of conduction. However, energy is still exchanged between various sections via electromagnetic waves, induction, or capacitance. All in all, isolation transformers keep blocking DC signal transmission from one circuit to another, while allowing AC components to pass by.
Why are isolation transformers used?
With the above characteristics, isolation transformers are able to provide protection against electric shock that develops between energized and ground conductors. Also, they can suppress the electric noise, while supplying power to sensitive devices like medical devices, lab instruments, computers, and more. Last but not the least, isolation transformers have a special kind of insulation provided between the primary and secondary, which helps high voltages ranging between 1000-4000 volts to be passed between the windings. All these properties have made isolation transformers one of the most popularly used devices today.
Benefits of an isolation transformer
Apart from the above properties, there are many other benefits that isolation transformers provide. Many industries and businesses make use of isolation transformers as they have been proven very beneficial for their operations. Let us take a look at some of these benefits.
- Isolation transformers prevent electric shock risks by isolating the electric power source from the operator in a way that the electric wires do not come in contact with the power lines. Generally, touching a circuit’s live part can prove dangerous and fatal. This is why a 1:1 ratio isolation transformer is used to provide isolation and ensure safety.
- Isolation transformers simplify the isolation of direct current power. In the telephone line systems, amplifiers are used at regular intervals. Isolation transformers manage the separation process of direct components of current from the signal, which helps to control every amplifier in the line.
- Various circuits and isolations can be easily substituted by using isolation transformers, with the primary and secondary windings being separated by 1:1 ratio.
- Using isolation transformers helps to easily reduce all kinds of sounds and noise created due to the connection of audio amplifier and signal to the output circuit of the speaker.
- Isolation transformers separate radio frequency amount on larger devices of circuits from the line of transmissions, thus facilitating the amount’s connection caused by the amplifier of radio frequency to the signals transmitted and directed in the direction of the antenna.
To take advantage of all these benefits and keep your workplace safe from shocks and hazards, you can get in touch with an isolation transformer manufacturer in Germany, like Miracle Electronics, to get the best quality isolation transformers for your applications.